What a shame! I found I already had posted something so here.
Please people, I'm really short on time, ask me to see where I saw more material like this.
The JD-800 can control most of JD-990 parameters.
This comes from the Sweetwater.com Using the JD-800 as a Programmer for the JD-990
When adjusting a selected parameter such as cutoff, resonance, panning, etc., the JD-800 transmits a series of system exclusive messages.
Use the following procedure to enable the Transmit Edit function:
On the JD-800:
- Press MIDI.
- Use the CURSOR UP/DOWN buttons to select “TX Edit Data.”
- Press the INC (increment) button to turn this parameter ON.
On the JD-990:
- Press SYSTEM SETUP so it is lit.
- CURSOR to “RX Exclusive” and use the VALUE dial to select ON-2.
- Press SYSTEM SETUP to return to the previous screen.
NOTE: You will need to enable this transmit function each time you turn the JD-800 on.